Friday, November 24, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
1) Begin with only 1 ounce of juice per day. Take juice 1 hour before meals and at least 2 hours after.
2) If detox symptoms are not happening, after about a week, increase gradually the amount of juice taken--over a period of time.
3) Most people max out at 2 to 3 ounces a day find this to be very energizing.
4) People who are extremely ill and begin wheatgrass should do it under the direction of a health practitioner.
5) After several weeks or months on the juice and a change in diet, the body will begin to heal present and past illnesses (that were suppressed) Dr. Bernard Jensen (quoting from Herring's Law) says that the body heals from the top down and from the inside out, and backwards in the order of whatever was wrong last. Healing reactions are similar to the actual illness, but are usually not as intense and do not last as long.
See our holiday gift specials and the rest of the Wheatgrass Habit November Issue
Monday, November 13, 2006
She stated "In wheatgrass, raw foods, and exercise, I found what I feel is as close to the fountain of youth as we are going to get. Twenty-five years after my discovery, my hair has turned fully naturally brown again. My weight has been a stable 119 (the same as it was in my youth), and my energy level is limitless. For the past ten years I have required an average of only four hours of sleep a night, and I haven’t needed the services of a physician in years. My work has taken me all over the world on many demanding tours, sometimes for months at a time. Yet, I have more energy than I can ever remember having as a child – and I am no child at 76.What I have discovered can help you, too. But instead of taking my word for it, examine what I have to say carefully, and then if you are so inclined, try it for yourself.
As in the days of Ponce de Leon, humans everywhere are still in hot pursuit of the fountain of eternal youth. One drink from this magic fountain, it was believed, would restore youthful appearance, outlook and vigor. Despite the fact that scientists have now discovered over a hundred chemical elements and thousands of factors that play a role in nutrition and health, they are not even one step closer to realizing the dream of eternal youth than Ponce de Leon was five hundred years ago. In fact when you consider the rising incidence of degenerative disease in our society, you could say we have taken a few steps in the opposite direction. Yet, in wheatgrass, I believe we have a veritable fountain of youth available to us. "
Thursday, November 09, 2006
extent or length of time you have had damaged cells, they will make a herculean effort to improve when given the right nutrients. Our bodies are programmed for health, not illness.
We all instinctively know what is good for us, but deciding to make the change is the effort.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Some of us wonder.. Why are sprouts so good for us?
Here is some info that might encourage you to start your sprouting right away!
When a seed or bean is sprouted, the enzyme inhibitors "wash off" of the seed. These enzyme inhibitors are placed in the seed by nature to protect the it from rotting and keep the seed dormant until conditions are right for it to start sprouting into a plant. Sometimes when we eat raw unsoaked nuts, seeds, or grains we get indigestion.. well when you sprout the seeds before you eat them, they become them easier for the body to digest because those enzyme inhibitors are gone and replaced by live enzymes.
(paraphrased from a great book "Hooked on Raw" by Rhio)